And here we are. 120 games. Phew. This is gonna take a while.
To actually manage to achieve this, I’m going to need to break things down into smaller goals. Thankfully, I already have a place to start with that. A few months back, my girlfriend Loren issued me with a proposition - finish all the games she has bought me by the end of 2017. Thinking I probably couldn’t do it, she set the stakes: if I accomplished this, she would create some kind of trophy to commemorate such a goal.
A little background - my girlfriend Loren and I have been together for nearly 7 years now, and in that time she has been the catalyst for where I stand now with gaming. Prior to being with her, I enjoyed games, sure, but to be honest, I struggled with that. “Games are for children”, “games are a waste of time.” Being with this wonderful lady has helped me accept me, and in turn made me the happiest I’ve been in my life. Over the years, she has given me a number of the consoles I own today for Christmas / birthday presents - along with a healthy collection of games to play on them. Me being me, I’d started by playing some, but before getting on to the rest, I was distracted by the new shiny things. There are still 9 games sitting in this pile of mine of which came from her:
- Far Cry 3
- Assassins Creed 3
- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Until Dawn
- Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush
- Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D
- Code Name STEAM
- The Witcher 3
Turns out, I like a challenge.
The other night, we lay down some officially agreed upon rules for this endeavour:
1. All games must be completed by 11:59pm on December 31st, 2017.
2. Loren reserves the right to gift me games for special occasions if she so chooses, such as birthday and Christmas, which will be included in this challenge.
3. She may not add anything new to the list 24 hours or less before the deadline.
4. If I simply can’t make it to the end of a game and want to give up on it, I can, but I must do two things - 1, completely destroy the disk/cartridge while she films it, and 2, two more games from my pile will be added to this list at Loren’s choosing.
So that’s that. The coming weeks and months of my gaming time will be consumed by these nine titles. Wish me luck.
Games left to play: 120
Current game: Far Cry 3